Thursday 30 July 2015

July Favourites // BeautySickelmore

Throughout July, I have come across many beauty products which I can add to my make up collection. Most of these products are high-end/ expensive however, I'm sure there are some dupes which will be a cheaper alternative. Earlier this month I went to London to go shopping because in Norwich we don't have a lot of make up brands such as Nars, Charlotte Tilbury etc... This is the reason for why most of these products are expensive. Here are 5 of my faves from my visit to London earlier this month......


 



 1. Nars Lip gloss- Turkish Delight, £19.00 :This is one of my favourite lip glosses as it doesn't feel as though I'm wearing anything and doesn't feel 'sticky'. I find I don't like to wear many lip glosses as they are too sticky, however this product feels weightless on my lips. The baby pink colour is a great colour for my skin tone. I would defiantly recommend this product as it's very wearable and is very easy to apply. This colour is suitable for any skin tone which is the reason for most people buying this colour as it is a nude colour. I've wanted to buy this for years but where I live doesn't sell Nars products and I didn't want to order it offline because I wanted to try it before I bought it. Nude lips are becoming more popular and this is a great lip gloss for summer if you are a beginner or if you don't want to try bright/bold colours on your lips.


2. Nars Copacabana illuminator, £23.00 : This product is AMAZING. I have never found a highlighter/illuminator which isn't too noticeable which I prefer because I think too much glitter in a highlighter can make your skin look 'oily'. This product can also be mixed with a foundation to create a dewy finish to any foundation. I know the price of this product is very steep but, a little goes a long way (you only need a pea-sized amount on the tops of your cheek bones and your eyebrow bone as well as on the bridge of your nose and your cupids bow).





 3. Nars Bronzer- Laguna, £27.50: I LOVE this product. I have found it difficult to find a bronzer which isn't too orange toned for my skin and doesn't contain glitter pigments however, I saw lots of people recommending this product for how good it is, but I was worried it would be too dark/orange toned for my skin as I'm quite pale. I was wrong. Although in this picture it looks quite orange it is in fact brown toned which creates a natural/sunkissed finish.  It's really good for contouring your check bones as you can build up the amount of product to give different finish or you can lightly dust it all over your face for the summer time to darken your skin tone and create a sunkissed complection. The best thing about this is it looks very natural on your skin. 



 4. Max Factor Excess Shimmer- 20 Copper, £7.99: I saw this product on the way home from London in Superdrug and instantly fell in love. I love any brown/gold eye shadows as my eyes are blue and brown/gold colours compliment my eyes the best and I find I don't suit bright colours. This is  kinda like a MAC paint pot but this is creamier as it is a mousse formula. Just like my Nars highlighter, a little goes a long way and you can easily blend this colour out to create a smokey eye. I like wearing this as an all over the eye colour (on it's own) because it creates a natural appearance to your eyes. I like wearing cream eye shadows because you don't get a lot of fall down under your eye and they are a great base before adding a pigment on to as the pigment will stick to the cream base.

 

5. BarryM Dazzle dust- 27 (Gold Iridescent), £4.59: This was the cheapest product I bought in London and is one of my favourites from my purchases. In the container it looks white however, when I swatched it, the pigment was golden. When exposed to light the pigment turns golden as the gold glitter becomes more noticeable. These dazzle dusts are very long lasting and are great to add to another eye shadow to make it stand out. This colour is great for a natural looking eye shadow and/or you can build up the colour and create more of a stand out eye shadow look.




All of these products mentioned I would recommend because they are good value for money, even the more expensive brands such as Nars. However, these products show you don't have to pay a lot of money for high end product when drugstore brands are just as good.
 

 I hope this post has been interesting for you all, please let me know of any recommendations of your beauty faves,

BeautySickelmore xx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment