Saturday 1 October 2016

New Make up and Skincare // October 2016 // BeautySickelmore

 

New Make up and Skincare // October 2016


 

 
 
  1. Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation- £27
This foundation is one of the best ones I have found. It's medium-full coverage without being cakey. The foundation is oil free which is good for people with oily skin and is suitable for most skin types however, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has very dry skin as it may cling onto dry patches of skin. I have combination to normal skin and I find this foundation is the best for my skin compared to other I've tried such as mac as I find they tend to look cakey or oxidise to an orange colour on my skin. I find it difficult to but foundations as I'm very pale and many become orange after I apply them as they set, however this foundation come in lots of colours to suit lots of different skin tones, it is waterproof and longwearing which is great because you don't have to keep re-applying it throughout the day. I would rate this product 5/5 and would highly recommend it.

 

                                    2. The Balm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer- £17.50

I've wanted to try this highlighter for ages as I've seen good reviews on it, but I could only order it online. However it is now sold in my local Debenhams store so I picked one up. I love the finish of this highlighter as its very natural and the colour is a nice champagne colour but, I think its a little on the pricey side as you can buy a Sleek highlighter palette for £10 and get 4 different colours with more pigment to them. Its great if you're a beginner as it's quite natural but buildable. I would rate this 3/5 but would recommend it to beginners or people who like their highlighter to be less noticeable. 
 
 
    3.  The Body Shop Vitamin E oil- £15
This is one of the first oils I've bought for my skin as I'm not the biggest fan of using oils/ oily products as they leave a residue on my skin, However I was very surprised how much I liked this one. In the summer I badly burnt my skin so I now have a lot of sun spots on my forehead from the dehydration caused by the sun, so every night I've been using this oil after moisturising and leaving it overnight to soak into my skin. After using this for a little while I noticed the spots have become less red and have decreased in size which is great! This product isn't greasy and absorbs quickly to replenish and re-moisturise your skin. I love it! It's best used at night so it can be absorbed into the skin as it says it should take 8 hours to do this, but I wake up with the softest skin! As a result my foundation looks a lot more smoother and airbrushed. I would rate this 5/5 and would highly recommend it.
 
                      4. The Body Shop Twin Ball Revitalising Facial Massager- £16
I bought this product to try because I've heard the new trend is to have a luxury facial with facial massager which is cold, as this helps the blood circulate in your skin, giving your a clearer complexion. I use this with the vitamin E oil and my cleanser just to help evenly distribute it around my face. You can also buy special facial oil from The Body Shop to go with this massager. This is so worth the money because if you want to treat your skin to a professional facial at home you can use this instead of paying to have a luxury facial which is very expensive. I love using this at night to help the products on my skin be massaged in instead of using my hands as I find using this on my skin is more hygienic and I've noticed a big difference to my skin after about 2 weeks of using this, as my spots are decreasing in size and redness. The massager has metal balls on the end which stay cold when using it with products as this tightens the skin and stimulates blood. When using the massager don't force it on your skin, just let it glide over the skin (It does take a bit of practice) however perceiver with it as there are a lot of benefits using it when doing your daily skincare routine. They also give a few techniques on how to use it on the box so don't throw it away. I would rate this 5/5 and would highly recommend this tool.
 
Thank you for reading this post! I'm going to become a lot more active with new posts every week as it's something I enjoy doing. Feel free to comment and share this post to your friends!
Thanks, BeautySickelmore xx   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment