Saturday 24 December 2016

Christmas // BeautySickelmore

 

 
 
Christmas is my favourite time of the year! Every time I think about Christmas I smile. Everything from presents to decorations to food and family being together makes the day so special to me!
 
 
Traditions
Decorate on the 1st of December,
All of family at home helps decorate house and tree,
Receive fluffy socks, selection box and an advent calender,
Open presents from Mum, Dad, Brother and Father Christmas early in the morning,
Get presents after dinner on Christmas day or Boxing day from extended family such as grand parents ect.
Have chicken or turkey for Christmas dinner,
Boxing day dinner is cold meat and pickles,
Spend quality time with family over the Christmas period.
Take down decorations on the 1st of January (New Years Day)
 
Christmas dinner
It is a tradition in my family to have;
A prawn cocktail starter .
Our main meal consists of Chicken or Turkey as the meat for the dinner with roast potatoes, veg, Yorkshire puddings, stuffing and gravy.
Dessert consists of Christmas pudding and cream, Clootie Dumpling (Scottish steam pudding with raisins- it's a tradition to make at least one of these as my mum is Scottish and we make it as a memory of my Gran and Grandad who were also Scottish and made this for Christmas) when I was younger my Grandad used to add money wrapped in baking paper into his Clootie Dumpling as his tradition!
 

Favourite Christmas Songs
All I Want For Christmas- Mariah Carey
I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday- Wizzard
Merry Christmas Everyone- Shakin' Stevens
Last Christmas- Wham
Fairytale Of New York- The Pogues and Kirsty Maccoll
Underneath The Tree- Kelly Clarkson
 
Favourite Christmas Films
Polar Express
Elf
The Grinch
     Bad Santa
         
 
Christmas Eve Traditions
Wrapping family's presents
Watching Christmas Films
Baking shortbread in Christmas shapes
Cooking sausage rolls
Staying at home relaxing and getting ready for Christmas day
 
Image result for christmas reindeer 
Christmas Day Traditions 
In the morning my family opens their presents
Eat dinner all together and pull crackers
Go round to extended family and open more presents
Spend quality time together as a family
 
Boxing Day Traditions
We have a well deserved lay-in!
Eat cold meat and pickles
Spend quality time together as a family
Watch Christmas films and Listen to Christmas Songs and most importantly have a laugh together!
 
 
I think the most important thing about Christmas is to spend quality time with family and/or friends and make memories to remembers for years to come. Always appreciate the presents you get whether good or bad and always appreciate the people around you and the people who make you as a person!
 
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and have an amazing New Year xx 
 


Thank you for reading this post! I'm going to become a lot more active with new posts every week as it's something I enjoy doing. Feel free to comment and share this post to your friends!
Thanks, BeautySickelmore xx
















No comments:

Post a Comment