Thursday 3 November 2016

Updated Skincare For Spotty/Oily Skin // BeautySickelmore

Updated Skincare For Spotty/Oily Skin

 
 

My skin the past few weeks has become very spotty and oily because of the change in whether from hot to cold ( I have combination skin, normally it would be combination-dry but it's now become combination-oily) so I've had to change my skincare routine to help reduce the spot and oil on my skin. The oil is on my t-zone and the spots are more towards the bottom half of my face but I do still have some on my forehead. I tend to use a mask targeted for teenage skin (oily and spotty) more often like 3 times a week to help them. I still cleanse, tone and moisturise as well.
 
I recently went to Lush to check out their skin care range and they had loads of skin products which I was surprised because when I think of Lush I think bath bombs and shower stuff. I spoke to a lady and she recommended me a cleanser and mask for my skin. I've been using a lot more Lush products for the last few weeks as they are all handmade, cruelty free and contain fresh ingredients and no alcohol or any bad ingredients!
 

1. Cleanse- I use the Lush Fresh Farmacy which is a great cleanser for calming the skin so this will calm the redness of the spots and help reduce them. It include ingredients such as Chamomile and Lavender which are great for calming and balancing the skin and giving the skin moisture. So any dry spots will become less dry and decrease in size! This is a solid soap so you need to add water to it and create a milk and then massage in into the skin and wash off with warm water.
 
 
 

2. Tone- I've been using Lush Eau Roma Water which is great for reducing redness on the skin because it contains Rose Water which calms and reduces redness in the skin and it also contains Lavender which is great for balancing and softening the skin . This is a great toner because it's a spray so you can either spray it onto the face and wipe it in with a cotton pad or spray it onto a cotton pad. It's great for hydrating the skin after cleansing. This can be used as a toner/refresh the skin or remove makeup.
 
 
 
 
3. Exfoliate- I use the Lush Angels On Bare Skin which is classed as a cleanser but the lady in Lush said a lot of people use this as an exfoliator as it very gritty. This is great for oily skin because it contains Kaolin which is great for absorbing grease and dirt from the skin. It also contains Rose Water and Lavender Oil which are great for calming and balancing the skin. This is quite gritty because it contains ground Almonds which when added to water it creates a paste which brightens and tones the skin.
 
 
 
 
 
4. Mask- I've been using Lush Cupcake mask and Love Lettuce mask which is great for teenage (spotty and oily) skin and balancing skin. the Cupcake mask if suited more for spotty skin because it contains Rhassoul mud which is great at absorbing dirt and oil. It also contains Cocoa Powder which is great at drawing out all the dirt and impurities and it has Linseed and Cocoa Butter which is great at softening and moisturising the skin. I like to use this once a week. The Love Lettuce mask is great for balancing the skin as it contains Lavender which balances and calms the skin and it has nutrient-rich Agar Seaweed Gel which is great for soothing the skin. It also contains Honey and Almond Oil for moisturising and Almond Shells which are great for gently exfoliating the skin. I use this once a week as well. Both masks should be left on for 10-15 minutes. For best results leave it on for 15 minutes.
 
5. Moisturise- I've been using 2 Lush Million Dollar Moisturiser and Embryolisse. The lush moisturiser is great for calming the skin with Lavender and can be used as sunscreen as it contains an SPF of 30! Its thick and contains almond, sesame seed and oatmeal which are great for moisturising and gently exfoliating the skin. It also has reflective pigments so it give your skin a sunkissed glow. I tend to use this in the morning as a base for my primer and foundation but I do sometimes use this at night. A little goes a long way but it's quite expensive but it's very much worth the money! The Embryolisse moisturiser is great for balancing the skin as it's enriched with nutrients and water which also help promote cell renewal and leave the skin soft and healthy- looking. The moisturiser leaves the skin with a satin finish helps reduce dryness, this is a 3 in 1 product and can be used as a primer, moisturiser and a makeup remover but I use it as a moisturiser.
 
 I use product which are suited for my combination-oily skin as this will help my skin the most! so products which contain Lavender and Rose water are great for my skin (balancing the oil in my skin and calming my spots and skin in general.)
 
Overall, I would highly recommend Lush skincare products as they all contain fresh ingredients which are great for the skin and no alcohol or anything bad for the skin! There's nothing in the products that could harm your skin. A lot of their products are very affordable and do a great job. I will definitely be repurchasing skin products from Lush as I've notice my skin had become less spotty and the spots have been decreasing in size and redness!
 
 
 
 
Thank you for reading this post! Feel free to comment and share this post to your friends!
Thanks, BeautySickelmore xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment