Saturday 8 October 2016

College Course 2016 // BeautySickelmore

College Course 2016 // Hairdressing Level 2

This was my first attempt at a French Plait!
 
This year I decided to change courses from Beauty Therapy to Hairdressing Level 2 and so far it's been a great change! This is my second year at college so I want to get a variety of qualifications at the end of it! For my final year at college I will choose between Hair level 3 and Beauty Therapy level 3 after this year so I can experience hair as well as beauty to see which I prefer.
 
So far we've been washing hair, cutting hair (One length and Uniform layer), Blowdrying and Styling which have been stressful but fun. It's good that we've started to cut so early on because it means we can complete assessments quickly. 
 
The cost of this years kit was £131 and uniform was roughly £10 which was a lot cheaper then Beauty Therapy even though we get more this year!
 
Another great thing about this year is I'm only in 2 and a half days a week, so I can relax through a 4-day weekend! It's good because we are doing so much in the 2 days it's nice to relax.
 
It's very different from last year as we're a lot more involved with talking to clients/customers where as last year we were very quite as the client had to relax through-out the treatment. I enjoyed last year but progressing wasn't the choice for me because I wasn't interested in level 3 treatments however, it would make me more employable. I got qualifications in reception work, facials. manicures, pedicures, tinting, manual tan, waxing and head massage.
 
The work is more practical with a small amount of theory which is the same as last year however, it's a lot more relaxed. The teachers are all very supportive and always happy to give advise if your unsure which makes you feel very welcome into the course! 
 
The course is more aimed at women's hairdressing however, we do barbering as well once a week which is great as it give us more experience working with male clients as well as female clients.

 
Thank you for reading this post! I'm going to become a lot more active with new posts every week as it's something I enjoy doing. Feel free to comment and share this post to your friends!
Thanks, BeautySickelmore xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment