Sunday 9 October 2016

Marble Cake // BeautySickelmore

Marble Cake

 
 
This is my favourite type of cake! It's a mixture of vanilla and chocolate sponge with vanilla or chocolate buttercream on top.
 
 

This cake was a recipe which has been used by 3 generations of my family, me my mum and her mum (my gran). The cake is loved by everyone who eats it!
 
 
It's so easy to make as it's an all-in-one method and cooked for 40-45 minutes. It can be decorated how ever you like but I like to cover it in vanilla buttercream and chocolate buttons. I recently added new decorations which was melted chocolate drizzled over and I used a cocktail stick to make a pattern in it and I also made some churros  which were inspired from The Great British Back Off. This cake was for my dads birthday and he wanted the churros on the top as they reminded him of cinnamon sticks which we bought in Florida when we went on holiday in 2010!
 
 
Ingredients
 
6oz Butter
6oz Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
6oz Self-Rising Flour
1tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
1tbsp Coco Powder
 
Decorations( * = optional)
 
6oz Icing Sugar
3oz Butter
500g Cadburys Chocolate*
1 Tube of silver pearls*
1 Small bag of milk chocolate buttons*
1 Small bad of white chocolate buttons*
 

 
The cake turns out to be moist and a crumbly texture. To get the marble affect you make the batter and divide it into 2 or 3 but I like to use Chocolate and Vanilla but the traditional one has an extra flavouring of Coffee but you can use any flavourings. You spoon Vanilla batter then Chocolate then Vanilla all I  one row and then alternate for the next so Chocolate, Vanilla, Chocolate and then repeat which creates the pattern. You then use a palette knife to combine the colour and make the blobs all one level to give it the marble effect. On this cake I also added silver pearls/balls on top to add colour.
 
Thank you for reading this post! I'm going to become a lot more active with new posts every week as it's something I enjoy doing. Feel free to comment and share this post to your friends!
Thanks, BeautySickelmore xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment