Monday 3 October 2016

Top 5 Foundations // BeautySickelmore

Top 5 Foundations

 
 
These are my top 5 foundations. 2 are drugstore/affordable and 3 are high-end/expensive. They all have different finishes and textures.
 
 
1. L'Oréal True Match Foundation- £9.99
 
This foundation is a great high-end dupe as the finish is matte and it has good coverage. I would say it's medium coverage but buildable. This is very much like Mac Studio Fix Fluid foundation  in texture and coverage but half the price! I like how this feels on my skin because it isn't drying on the skin like other matte foundations I've used. I would rate this 4/5 because it's has good coverage but a bit less then the rest of these 5 foundations.
 
 
2. Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation- £27
 
This is one of my most expensive foundation I've tried but it's definitely worth the money! It is a full coverage foundation with a matte finish. The foundation looks absolutely flawless on the skin especially when paired with an Urban Decay setting spray as it locks it into place. The foundation lasts for ages without coming off if you don't touch your skin throughout the day. The foundation doesn't dry out the skin at all. I would rate this 5/5 because its my absolute favourite foundation, so I would highly recommend it. I have combination skin and it's great on it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with very dry skin without a setting spray.
 
 
3. L'Oréal Infallible 24H-Matte Mattifying Foundation- £8.99
This is a great foundation especially when considering the price. It has a matte finish and nice consistency, it's not too runny or too thick. I like how this foundation feel on my skin because it doesn't feel heavy but I would say it has a medium coverage but buildable. The only problem with this is it doesn't stay on for 24 hours like the name but it does stay on for a long time. Also on my skin I find if I'm a bit dry it can cling onto dry patches if I don't use a setting spray. I would rate this 4/5 because it has good coverage but it doesn't look the nicest on my skin especially if I'm a bit dry but when my skin is normal it looks amazing.
 
4. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation- £31
 
This foundation is great if you like a glow to your skin or a dewy finish which I love in the summer. This has a light-medium coverage but buildable which is nice as you can let your skin breath when wearing this foundation as a light coverage foundation. The only problem with this foundation is it comes with a pump so it can be very messy so I would definitely recommend you but a mac pump as this fit the bottle perfectly. However for the price of this foundation I would expect it to have more coverage that's the only disappointing thing about this foundation. I would rate this 3/5 only because of the coverage but it looks flawless on the skin in the summer months when I don't put as much on.
 
5. Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation- £22
 
This is very much like the L'Oréal true match but has a little bit more coverage. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation. I love how this feels on my skin because it feels very lightweight. This make my skin look amazing however sometimes if I use this in the winter months my skin look a bit orange so I tend to wear this more in summer when I have a natural tan. I also had to buy the pump because it came with a screw lid which was a bit disappointing considering the price. I would rate this 4/5 because it make my skin look amazing however I had to buy a pump and it can look a bit orange in winter.
 
 
In this picture you can see the Nars and L'Oréal have the least coverage and the Urban Decay and Mac have the most coverage.
 
 
 
Thank you for reading this post! I'm going to become a lot more active with new posts every week as it's something I enjoy doing. Feel free to comment and share this post to your friends!
Thanks, BeautySickelmore xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment