Thursday 13 October 2016

Top 3 Blending Brushes // BeautySickelmore

Top 3 Blending Brushes

 I love blending brushes as they make blending eye shadows a whole lot easier! They can vary in size, shape and length. I like to use a denser brush (Mac 217) to apply the crease shade a lightly blend then I go over with a thinner/lighter brush (Real Techniques) to blend it further. To be more precise I love to use an angled and smaller brush (Louise Young LY38).
 
The overall eyeshadow looks flawless once blended fully as it creates dimension to the eye. I tent to use light browns as transition shades and build up to a dark brown in the crease as this looks better then just going straight in with a dark brown shade and blending it. I like to add colour to my crease as it adds depth to the look and finishes the eye shadow off once blended fully.
 
 
1. Mac 217- £20
 
I love my Mac brush as it's dense so it will evenly distribute the colour and blend it flawlessly without much effort. It is the most expensive out of the 3 but it's the quickest at blending the crease. The bristle's are soft and fluffy so it doesn't hurt the eyes when blending. I would rate this 5/5 because although it's quite expensive it does the job quickly, so when I'm in a rush I love to use this.
 
 
 
 
2. Real Techniques Bold Metals 203 Tapered Shadow- £16
 
 I love this one to further blend the eye shadows so the darker colour is fully blended into the crease and isn't just one solid line. The thing I love about this brush is it's weighted so when you hold the brush it adds the correct amount of pressure to gently blend the colour without applying to much (it does most of the work for you!). This is the cheapest out of the 3 but in way I like this the most as the bristles are looser and the pigment can be easily blended! I would rate this 5/5 because of this.
 
 
 
 
 
3. Louise Young LY38- £17
 
This brush is great for being precise with adding colour and blending as it is tapered at the end. The bristles are firmer then the other  2 but I love to add colour with this brush and blend the colours together with it. This is also great because it's the longest brush so the further away you hold the brush from the bristle the better/softer finish you'll get. I would rate this 4/5 because it's amazing but it can be a bit harsh on the eyes before washing it for the first time or using it for the first time.
 



Overall, blending brushes are very important to finish he look so you don't have a solid line of dark colour in your crease. I would recommend all 3 for different reasons as they all blend easily but they have different factors to consider such as cost, texture etc. I use all 3 everyday to create lovely eye shadow look as they are all quick and easy using! The further away you hold the brush from the bristles the better! (You get a better blended edge!)





Thank you for reading this post! I'm going to become a lot more active with new posts every week as it's something I enjoy doing. Feel free to comment and share this post to your friends!
Thanks, BeautySickelmore xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment