Wednesday 19 October 2016

Top 3 Contour Brushes // BeautySickelmore

Top 3 Contour Brushes

 
I love using a variety of brushes to contour with because some are more precise and some are good for just bronzing the skin! I like to apply the product with my Bold metals brush to get a precise line and blend it with the duo-fibre Real Techniques brush or the Mac 168 brush as they both blend the contour out beautifully! They all range in shape and cost but I love them all equally the same. It's very important to blend fully when contour so it doesn't look like a solid line on your face (it looks a lot more natural).
 
 1. Real Techniques Bold Metals Brush 301- £22
 
I love this brush for applying the contour precisely to my face and gently blending it in before using more of a fluffy brush to blend. This brush is very dense so it's great for applying a lot of contour to your face. I love how soft these brushes are because they don't scratch my face and tend not to move my foundation underneath it! I tend to use my other real techniques brush more for everyday and use this one for special occasions or day when I want my make up to look more precise. I would rate this brush 4/5 because it's great at applying bronzer/contour but not really for blending it.
 
 

2. Mac 168 Brush- £28
 
This was my first Mac brush I ever brought! It's great for blending contour because if not as dense as the Bold Metals one and you can apply the contour with this but I find it doesn't apply as precisely as the Bold Metals one . I tend to use this on day when I want my skin to look sun-kissed and not contoured ad this isn't as precise as contour it's more for bronzing the skin. It's very soft so is great for evenly blending the product and it's very easy to use for  bronzing the skin if you don't want to contour so I would rate this 4/5 because it's a great brush but it's very expensive for one brush.
 
 
3. Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Contour Brush- £19.95 (comes in a set with 2 other duo fibre brushes)
I love using this brush for applying and blending bronzer and contour. This is very different from the others because this brush is duo-fibre which means the bristles as two different textures. The end bristles (less dense) easily blend the contour and do the work for you and the denser part of the bristles help apply the product. It's great for beginners as you gently apply pressure to the brush and it evenly and easily blend the bronzer/contour to give a natural look so, I would rate this 5/4 because it's cheap as it's in a set with 2 other brushes which are duo fibre (eyeshadow and powder bushes) which also work the product into the makeup evenly and easily so I would highly recommend these. At first they can feel quite scratchy on your skin but is the duo fibre bristles that are blending the product in.





Thank you for reading this post! I'm going to become a lot more active with new posts every week as it's something I enjoy doing. Feel free to comment and share this post to your friends!
Thanks, BeautySickelmore xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment