Wednesday 5 October 2016

Top 5 Eyeshadows // BeautySickelmore

Top 5 Eyeshadows

 
 
I love wearing eyeshadows as I feel they make your makeup look complete. I have blue eyes so I tend to wear champagne, golds, browns and copper shades on my eyes because they compliment my eye colour. For my everyday makeup I tend to wear a light/gold smokey eye and when I go out or special occasions I'll wear a darker colour on my eye. I love all 5 of these eyeshadows as are the right shades/tones of colours that I like to wear on a daily basis however. I've tried to include some cheaper eyeshadows as well as expensive.
 
1.Max Factor Excess Shimmer- 20 Copper- £7.99
 
This is a cream/mousse eyeshadow which is really pretty on it's own or as a base. It is a champagne/bronze colour with gold flex in it. This lasts for ages on the eyes without a eyeshadow primer which is great! It has a creamy texture and dries more of a powder which gives a lovey affect on the eyelid. I would rate this 5/5 because I love the pigmentation and the colour is easily blended! The names is copper but it isn't as orange toned/dark as copper!

 
2.Mac-All That Glitters-£13
 
 This is a great colour on it's own as it's like a bronze/burnt orange colour on my skin tone. The pigmentation is great and it lasts all day on they eye without an eyeshadow primer. It's a bronze/light burnt orange colour with flex of glitter in it which create a lovely finish on the eyelid! I would rate this 4/5 because although it has great pigmentation it is quite expensive for a single eyeshadow especially as it has a case as you can but a pan one for £10.

3.BarryM Dazzle Dust- 44 -£4.59
 
 This is a great eyeshadow considering the price! It has high pigmentation and lasts ages on the eyelid without an eyelid primer. You certainly get your moneys worth with this eyeshadow! It's a gold/copper colour which is very similar to Mac Amber lights which is considerably a lot more money. The only down side to this is its very messy and can create a lot of down fall onto your face so I would recommend eye shields when using dazzle dusts. I would rate this 4/5 just because its quite messy but a great product!
 
4.Mac Paint Pot-Vintage Selection-£16
 
 This is a cream product which is more of a champagne colour with gold glitter. This is great on it's own on as a base eyeshadow as it very longwearing and lasts all day without and eyelid primer! It is however a bit on the pricy side so I only use this on special occasions and tend to use more drugstore eyeshadows on a daily basis. I would rate this 3/5 because it's a great products but is quite expensive for an eyeshadow because it doesn't have a lot of pigmentation unless your do 2 or 3 layers of it.

5.BarryM Dazzle Dust- 39 -£4.59

This is a great eyeshadow considering the price. It has great pigmentation and last all day on your eyelid without an eyelid primer. This is more of a light pink/rose gold colour which looks stunning on the eyelid. I would rate this 4/5 because it has great pigmentation and is a great product however, it can be quite messy and fall down when applying it so I would recommend using eyeshadow shields or do you eye makeup before your base.











From this picture you can see the BarryM and Max Factor eyeshadows have a high pigmentation to them compared to the Mac Paint Pot which is double the price but has less pigmentation so I would recommend looking at BarryM or any drugstore eyeshadow before buying an expensive one because lots of them are dupes for more expensive ones so why waste your money on them when you can buy cheaper ones that look the exact same and give the same effect on your eyes.










Thank you for reading this post! I'm going to become a lot more active with new posts every week as it's something I enjoy doing. Feel free to comment and share this post to your friends!
Thanks, BeautySickelmore xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment